Tuesday, June 15, 2010

" Womanly Weight "


When I was going away to college almost every warned me about gaining the infamous “freshman 15”, but no one warned me about what came after freshman year. No one told me that no matter how many times I went to the gym, or not matter how many aerobic or yoga classes I took, by Sophomore year my “freshman 15” would be joined by my “Sophomore 10”, followed by my “Junior 8”, and finally to top it all off my “Senior 8 “.

Your Shocked right?! Well I was too when I hopped on the scale two weeks ago! My weight has never been something I have struggled with or given much attention to. However, I know that although it might not look like that much or be a big deal right now, if I don’t get this under control in another four years I might be in big trouble!

Well anyway, here I am the summer after my senior year trying to work of SOME of the 41 pounds I gained in college. Yes I said SOME, because I have come to really appreciate and understand that some of this weight is my “Womanly Weight”. The weight that most woman carry, the weight that will one day make it easier for me to carry, and deliver healthy children, and of course the weight that once I get it all right and tight will fill out my clothes just a lil bit more!

This morning as I worked out in front of my television set, to my Jillian Micheals dvds ( btw they are REALLY good, I already See results!), I reflected on my “Womanly Weight”, and I realized that the“Womanly Weight” I have gained is more that physical!

Four years ago I began my journey towards
actually becoming a woman, and each and every single year my experiences , and revelations have greatly increased my “Womanly Weight” . Every day I see various women from my mother, to some of my closest friends use the “Womanly Weight” to not only run and manage their households, but to make positive contributions to the lives of the many people they come into contact with on a daily basis. You see gaining all this “Womanly Weight “ is essential, because when it all comes together it will make me the powerful women I will one day be!

So I have decided to , and encourage you to Embrace your “Womanly Weight”!!!



4 comments:

  1. Womanly weight is where its at!!! lol keep it, im tryna get a little more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you girl, but these 25 pounds hanging out on me have got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha, this is by far my favorite. The message behind it is powerful and encouraging. You're such a woman. =) Love it.

    "Sous"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...