Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is this The Real World Everyone Keeps Talking about?....It can’t Be!

Usually I am the calm, cool, and collected one. Nothing really bothers me to the point where I get upset; I can actually count on one hand the amount of times I have been extremely upset about something.


Many people would say It takes A LOT to get me mad, annoyed, or even agitated, I can sit in a waiting room for hours without thinking twice about the wait, delayed flights don’t bother me, and I rarely let the stupid things that people do and say on a daily basis get me genuinely upset. For the most part When everyone else is complaining, or fussing about something, more than often I am the one trying to find the good in the situation, or calm everyone down.


Welllll, today was not like a usual day, because for the first time in a really long time I got extremely upset, so upset that writing about it full detail will make me upset, so I’ll spare the details!


The short version is I had to go to the hospital (in Brooklyn..ugh!) to take care of some stuff. Simple stuff, I just had to fill out some paper work, and get a physical. I left my house EXTRA early so I could be in and out, and make it back to Long Island by 11am! My morning what supposed to be nice and simple, BUT by the time I left the hospital by blood was boiling!!!!!! If I had to spend one more minute talking to another incompetent, rude, and unprofessional person I would have spazzed out! If I was not in a rush to get to my third day of jury duty( that’s a another Blog!), I knowwww my morning would have been a little more painful.


After venting to my mother about how disgusted and upset I was about my long and crazy morning she laughed and said “Welcome to the Real World”; she then when on to give a long lecture about how people operate in the workplace, and blah, blah , blah.

I don’t know if it’s naïve for me to think that most of the world functions at more than a mediocre level. But, I refuse to accept or believe at this point that most people function like the people I came into contact with today, because if they did this world would be in big trouble!


I hope everyone reading this knows the difference between a zoo, and a work place!






4 comments:

  1. ummmm, Tash, our world IS in big trouble, lol. I can only imagine what you went through (I hope you'll tell me about it later) that got you so upset. Sadly a lot of people in the world peak at about 50%, ask them or expect to give 51, and you're in over your head. I def feel you on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that was your introduction to 'the real world' .. its not all like that .. I happen to have had some pretty good experiences (hopefully my coworkers agree) .. but from this entire blog the thing that impressed me most, was the 'i' in naive ... two dots!!, now that's impressive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of gal and I know that when I'm at work I don't let my personal life get in the way of how I treat my customers, and the same thing goes for when I'm home: I don't bring work into it! I'd like to think that it's not too much to ask the same of the people whose works I go into, but every time I go into a grocery store, or the neighborhood Walmart, or even a restaurant where customer service is (or at least should be) of utmost importance, I always come out feeling let down and annoyed at how depressed and unhappy everyone looks, and how badly or indifferently they treat their customers. But I think it all goes back to how educated the people serving you are, the level of training they have received, and how happy they are with the job which, quite frankly, I don't think many people are these days. My hope is that, with time, every employer will start providing better training and more workplace incentives to their employees in order to attract and retain customers as the marketplace becomes more and more competitive. But that could just be me and my wishful thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last line...I'm sure the traffic didnt help :-/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...