Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Can’t We all Just Get Along!





If you know me, then you definitely know that I am really not into the whole entertainment gossip, hip hop beef scene. However, the recent issues between rappers Lil’ Kim, and Nikki Minaj have kind of caught my attention.


Now, I am not going to pretend to know the slightest thing about Lil’ Kim or Nikki Minaj, but I know trouble when I see it, and this whole open rivalry thing that they have going on is what I call TROUBLE! I know that Male rap artist publicly bash each other all the time, but I think it’s different and take it just a little more personal when I see two Black women publicly hating on each other for what seems to be no apparent reason.


What are Lil’ Kim, and Nikki Minaj teaching the young ladies who believe it or not, look up to them?!


The sad part about this whole thing that Lil’ Kim, Nikki Minaj thing is that it happens all the time. It happens at school, in the office, at church (Yes I said at Church), in the gym, at the mall, and in the hairdresser. Black women, bringing each other down, instead of lifting each other up!


Women, especially Black women can’t afford to put each other down! We need to rejoice in each other accomplishments, mourn in each others sorrows, and help each other move up the ladder of Success.


Basically we need to just Get along!


I know it’s easier said than done, but can we at least try!?










1 comment:

  1. I agree...Women are so used to "hating" on one another that we in essence completely forgot how to merely pay respect to another or even compliment the other...

    Instead of grilling the girl on the train, how about you compliment her on her shoes?(She might be shocked bc shes most likely not used to that positive attention from another woman) Might seem so silly and small, but it will go a long way...I think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...