Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Simply Just ....Thankful


Believe it or not the summer is almost over…Crazy Right!


This summer has been an AMAZING one for me (I guess I’ll do a wrap up in a future Blog!). There is just one small thing that I have yet to accomplish.


As many of you know, I recently just graduated from Syracuse University (Go SU!). I must say that all the fuss over Gradation was a tab bit overwhelming, so much so that I have decided that the next big event in my life is going to be just a little more low key. Months later all the excitement over graduation has died down, but there is just one more thing that needs to be done. The one thing that I was solely responsible for, the Thank You cards! Now, don’t get me wrong I am extremely grateful for all the people who came out and supported me Graduation weekend, all the cards, money, phone calls, well wishes, hugs, smiles, and words of encouragement. I have a GREAT support system and I could not ask for anything better! Not having the Thank You cards out is simply just a personal issue that I have been trying to work on. It’s not like I don’t have the cards, they have actually been sitting on my dresser from before graduation, they just need to be filled out and distributed. I could come up with a bunch of excuses as to why they are not done, but we all know the real reason (if you don’t know me, can’t think of ANY reason why I would not have these cards out yet, or are new to my blog please refer to my first post ever for clarification).


As I look at the Blank Thank you Cards on my Dresser daily, several things run through my mind. Mostly I think about how ridiculous it is that they are still sitting there, but also they remind me of the Importance of Saying Thank You, and Giving Thanks!


So very often we get caught up in our daily routines, and forget to Give Thanks, or Say Thank You. No matter how hard things might get or how routine things become we all have so much to give thanks for. The Mere fact that we all woke up this morning is enough reason to give God thanks. Although it may seem simple, the fact that you can read this post on some form of technology that probably cost a nice chunk of money is also enough reason to give thanks. I could go on and on about the many things that we can all give and should give thanks for, but I am pretty sure that you get where I am going with this.


Many of us are successful, or in a better situation because of individuals who have cared for, and supported us. Individuals who have been there through our mental breakdowns, drastic life changes, and trouble with family/friends, relationship issues, and all the many up and downs that life very often throws are way. If you really think about it there are probably a few people who have played a significant role in getting you to this point in your life. Personally I am thankful for all the people in my life that I know that I can count on, not matter what I am going through. Most of all I am thankful to God for all the wonderful blessings he has bestowed upon me, and continues to bestow on me on a daily basis. (Some of this paragraph was taken from my graduation speech)


I encourage you all to take some time to give thanks for all the Wonder things that you have in your life, no matter your current situation. I also encourage you all to say Thank You to all the people who play a significant part in your life.


*** Now that I have spent all this time writing this Post, when I could have been doing the Thank You Cards I guess I’ll get them started, and out ASAP. Especially since I am sure people I starting to think that I am an ungrateful college graduate with no manners!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...